Sandalwood Essential Oil
Sandalwood Essential Oil is made from the chips of sandalwood trees. It is mainly used in perfumery, aromatherapy, and skincare products. When used in aromatherapy, it calms the mind and relaxes nerves. It is also a popular ingredient in perfume blends and deodorants. Massaging Sandalwood Essential Oil rejuvenates your skin and makes it healthy. Applying its diluted form on the face gives a natural glow to your facial skin. So, it is one of the most versatile oils found in nature.
Sandalwood Essential Oil Ingredients
The main ingredient in Sandalwood Essential Oil is the natural oils extracted from sandalwood trees. It is made from the process called steam distillation. It has a sweet, woody, and long lasting aroma that lingers on your mind. No additives, synthetic fragrances, and chemicals are added to this oil. So, it is a pure, concentrated, and powerful variant that needs to be diluted before topical application. It suits all skin types and does not cause any allergies or issues after applying.
Benefits of Sandalwood Essential Oil for Face & Hair
- Skin Brightening: Sandalwood Essential Oil inhibits the production of Tyrosinase that creates melanin in your skin cells. By doing so, it maintains skin tone and lightens skin.
- Anti-acne: The soothing properties of Sandalwood Essential Oil make it effective against acne breakouts. It also possesses strong antifungal and antimicrobial effects which promotes clear skin.
- Soothing: Sandalwood Essential Oil soothes skin. So, you can use it for healing minor cuts and wounds. It also provides relief from skin irritation and can be used in treatment of eczema.
- Hydration: Sandalwood Oil possesses moisturising properties due to which it prevents your skin from becoming dry and rough. Its daily application makes your skin soft and supple.
- Hair Growth: The astringent properties of Sandalwood Essential Oil keeps scalp healthy by controlling sebum production. It leads to rapid hair growth and also maintains scalp health.
- Dandruff Control: The fungicidal and bactericidal properties of this essential oil keeps dandruff under check. It also rejuvenates scalp health and prevents dandruff formation. You can add a few drops of this oil in coconut oil for best results.
- Natural Fragrance: The slightly sweet and magical aroma of Sandalwood Oil refreshes your mood. So, you can diffuse it in your room whenever you feel restless. Its aroma also promotes sleep.
Sandalwood Essential Oil Uses
- Aromatherapy: Sandalwood Essential Oil is a perfect oil for aromatherapy. Its magical scent proves to be stress-busting. It also relaxes the mind and eliminates negative thoughts and emotions.
- Yoga and Meditation: The pleasant aroma of Sandalwood Essential Oil makes it perfect for meditation. It invigorates your mind and prepares your body for exercise. So, it can also be useful while practising yoga.
- Massage: Massage your body with Sandalwood Essential Oil to rejuvenate your senses. It relaxes sore and tense muscles and also alleviates pain from them. So, you feel much more energetic and relaxed after the massage.
- Bath Soak: You can pour a few drops of Sandalwood Essential Oil to enjoy a relaxing soak. It eases your stress and makes you feel more comfortable. It also relieves tension from your soles and strained muscle groups.
Sandalwood Essential Oil – How to use it?
Sandalwood Essential Oil can be added to hair oils for hair care purposes. While using it for face and skin, add it to your regular moisturisers and lotions. You can dilute it with carrier oil for massage purposes. For aromatherapy, you can use it individually or in combination with other essential oils.
Sandalwood Essential Oil Side Effects
You need to be aware of these side effects of Sandalwood Essential Oil before using it:
- Allergic Reactions: People who have a sensitive skin may experience rashes or severe itchiness after its application. Sometimes, it may also lead to blisters and peels. In such cases, you must consult a dermatologist immediately before using it further.
- Photosensitivity: Sandalwood Essential Oil is not as photosensitive as some citrus oils. However, it is better to take a patch test on skin before applying it to your body.
Check Out Sandalwood Essential Oil for Hair Growth Online at Khadi Earth
At Khadi Earth, we offer high-quality, pure, and organic Sandalwood Essential Oil. Our Sandalwood Essential Oil can be used for a variety of skin and hair issues. You can also use it for massages or aromatherapy. The high-quality and purity of this essential oil makes it suitable for all skin types. No chemicals or artificial fragrances and preservatives are added in it. We ensure faster delivery and high-quality packaging for all our products. Order it today and get great results every time!